As this lesson you’ll able to learn sample of condolence letters, example, Types and question in easy way so continue reading….
Paying a tribute to the deceased or the near and dear ones of the deceased is called a condolence/ sympathy letters. This is considered to be a letter so the rules and regulations of letters are used. Condolence/Sympathy can be divided into two parts. They are: (i) Formal and (ii) Informal
(i) Formal: A formal condolence letter is written to be published in a newspaper. It is for those who have a general or special touch with the deceased.
(ii) Informal: An informal condolence/ sympathy is written to the closest relatives of the deceased to comfort them or the person who has an accident or any other type of trouble such as theft, robbery etc. So informal condolence has been divided into two groups. They are :
(a) Sympathy to bereaved family
(b) Sympathy to sufferer
For the convenience (fa) of the students, the systems of all types are given with examples:
Sample for Formal condolence letters
For the newspaper condolence some necessary tips have been given to write this message nicely.
- Write “Condolence” as a title.
- Make a square or circle and draw the picture of the deceased or write ‘Photo’ in it. Write the ‘birth-date’ in the left and ‘death date’ in the right if it is given in the question.
- I/we express my/ our deep sympathy and grief at the sudden and untimely demise of Mr./Mrs./Miss… (dead person’s name).
- His/her introduction and appreciation. I/we extend my/our heartfelt condolence to his/her bereaved family and relatives and pray that his/her departed soul will rest in peace in heaven.
- He/she will always remain in my/our heart/hearts and memory/memories. The name of the firm/company/ organization/ a person who is expressing condolence.
- The place where the firm/company/ organization is situated.
Sample of Formal condolence letters on death
We express our deep sympathy and grief at the sudden and untimely demise of Mr./Mrs./Miss…….[deceased person’s name ]
We extend our heartfelt condolence to his bereaved family and relatives and pray that his/her departed soul will rest in peace in heaven.
He/she will always remain in our hearts and memories.
Name of your friend
Sample of Informal sympathy
Informal condolence/sympathy letter to bereaved family:– There are two ways of starting this type of letter. We write “With Sincere Sympathy” in the beginning of the letter or like a personal letter we write salutation (f) such as: – ‘Dear Uncle and Aunt/ Brother/ Name of a friend/ Cousin etc.
Some tips condolence letter of writing have been given below:
- Start with “With Sincere Sympathy or Dear..
- I was very sorry to learn about deceased’s name. It is difficult to know what to say.
- As you know describe about your personal experience about his nature/ personality/ merits/ living period with that person.
- He/she will be sadly missed. I know how you must feel. May God give you strength to overcome your grief!
- Yours Sincerely.
- (Name of the writer without title.)
Sample of informal condolence letter from company
With Sincerely Sympathy
I was very sorry to learn about (deceased person’s name as) Mohan’s death. It is difficult to know what to say. As you know . He/she was a wonderful person. He / she was always ready to help everyone. He/she will be sadly missed. I know how you must feel. May God give you strength to overcome your grief.
Name of sender
(b) Informal sympathy letter to sufferer:- This sort of letter is written to those who suffer from different types of natural or artificial calamities such as accidents/robbery/ theft/ injuries/harms due to flood or any other thing. Some tips to write such a kind of letter are given below:
- Date/place in the right hand corner.
- Salutations e.g. Dear…..
- Words of Sympathy to comfort sufferer.
- Closing with a wish for speedy recovery/mental peace/normal life.
- Yours Sincerely
- Bare name of the writer
Sample informal condolence letters on accidents/robbery/ theft/ injuries/harms
Kathmandu 9th Poush, 2079
I am shocked at the news of (घटनाको विवरण detailed events ). Unfortunately you (consequence of events fo). You are in serious problem now. Don’t lose heart because you know inevitable accidents are sure. Nobody can escape from it. This news came to me as a shot and pierced (a) my heart. May God bless you to recover/ come into a normal life/ have mental peace very soon.
Name without title
Some ready-made to write condolence letters sentences are given for students to learn and choose appropriate ones.
(i) Sentences for commencement:
- I am extremely sorry to listen about.
- It came to me as a shot of a gun when I heard. I am really very sorry to learn/know about.
- I was greatly shocked at the news of/ to learn about .
(ii) Suggestions for patience:
- I hope you will recover soon. Don’t worry you/ he/she will recover soon.
- Please don’t lose your heart, inevitable accidents are sure.
- Don’t be impatient. Sorrow and happiness are two sides of a coin.
- I hope you will remain bold because you know cowards die many times before their real death.
(iii) Closing tips:
- I wish you a speedy recovery.
- May God be with you! I sympathise you.
- May God bless you to overcome this heart-rending grief with courage and self-confidence.
- Please don’t hesitate to call me up in need of my help.
Sample Question to write condolence letters
- Write a letter of sympathy to your friend who has had an accident and is in hospital. Use the clues in the box to help you. Ajay Lama: a great cyclist, took part in a cycle race, fell down and broke her ankle, is in hospital.
- Write a letter of sympathy to your friend who has had an accident and is in hospital. Use the clues in the box to help you. Salman khan: a great cyclist, took part in a cycle race………..fell down and broke his ankle………..is in hospital.
- Write a letter to your friend who has had motorcycle accident. Express your sympathy with him/her speedy recovery.
- Write a letter of condolence to your friend on the demise of his father.
- Write a letter of sympathy to your friends who has failed in his/her exam.