Introduction to multimedia
Multimedia Can Connect individual to software applications in real time. so they all can access and simultaneously work on text-based documents, graphics, Computer-aided design files and other work products. Collaborative Computing is an enterprise Collaboration software and social media tools which provides instant messaging and discussion groups. Collaborative Computing is described as a phenomenon where modern technology tools facilities and Enhance group work that exists through distributed technology – where individual’s Collaborate from remote locations.
Multimedia Database Management system (MMDBMS)
A Multimedia database is Collection of related for multimedia data. The multimedia data include one or more primary media data type such as text, images, graphic objects (including drawings, sketches and illustrations) animation sequences, audio and video.
Multimedia Database management(MMDBMS) system Is a framework that manages different types of data a potentially represented in a wide diversity of formats on a wide away of media sources. It help to support the multimedia data type, and make easy for creation storage, access, query and Control of a multimedia database. A multimedia Database MMDBMS) hosts one or more multimedia data types (i.e. text, images, graphics objects, audio, video, animation sequences). These data types are broadly categorize into three classes.
- Static media(time independent: image and graphic Object)
- Dynamic media ( time-dependent: audio, video and animation)
- Dimensional media (3D game and Computer aided drafting programs)
Multimedia communication system
It is Communication system is help to transfer, protocols, services, and mechanisms of discrete media data (such as text and graphics) and continuous media data like audio and video in/over digital networks. Such a communication requires all involved factors to be able of handling a well-defined quality of service (Qos).
An application subsystem is an abstraction layer that specifies the shaved communication protocols and Interface methods used by host in a communication networks.
Transport subsystem :
In multimedia networking, the transport Subsystem is a Conceptual division of methods in the layered architecture of protocols in the network stack in the Internet protocol suite and the OSI model. The protocols of this layer provide host-to-host Communication services for applications. It provide service like Connection-oriented Communication; reliability, flow Control, and multiplexing.
Quality of services for Multimedia Communications.
- voluminous and Continuous.
- Real-Time and Interactive.
- Rate fluctuation (Increases/decrease).
Here the some important parameters that affects quality of service(QOS) for multimedia data transmission:
- Bandwidth: A measure of transmission speed over digital links or networks, frequently in Kilobits per second (Kbps) or megabits per second (Mbps).
- Latency (maximum frame/packet delay): The maximum time demanded from transmission to event, frequently measured in milliseconds (msec, or ms).
- packet loss or error :- A measure in percentage(%) of the loss-of error rate of the packet data transmission.
- synchronization skew: A measure of multimedia data synchronization (between audio and video).